By accessing or using the Service or our websites, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure, storage and processing of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information about you when you register an Account and use the Service. The personal information we collect includes:
- the information you enter into the App, such as your Account Information;
- information about how you use the Service, including:
- information about the goods you purchase; and
- location data relating to the position of the Smartcart you pair with while you are in a Store;
- other information about how the Service is used (for example, traffic volumes, time spent on pages);
- your IP address and/or other device identifying data (to help detect unauthorised account use); and
- other information that you may disclose to us during the course of our relationship with you.
You are under no obligation to provide us with any such information. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the Service. For example, we need to hold certain minimum information about authorised users in order to maintain access controls to the Service and for security and user verification purposes.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will use the personal information we collect to:
- provide the Service to you and other authorised users;
- identify you when you sign-in to your Account and verify that your Account is not being used by others;
- communicate with you in relation to the Service and related issues (eg, quotes for other services, support requests and billing matters);
- communicate information about your use of the Service to the Store at which you used the Service;
- carry out research and marketing analysis so we can better understand and serve you;
- direct marketing and other information to you based on your purchases;
- monitor and enforce compliance with the law and applicable terms and conditions;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to services we provide; and
- co-operate with any government, industry or regulatory authorities.
DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unless you have authorised us to do so, we will not rent or sell any personal information and will not disclose it to any third party except:
- to the Store where you use the Service and to the Stores’ POS providers;
- to our third party service providers (such as hosting providers and payment processing providers) in connection with the purposes described in clause 5;
- to relevant authorities, parties and/or applicable intellectual property rights holders (or their representatives) if we consider that you are in breach of the law or our rights; or
- where required, or permitted, by law.
We may rent or sell anonymised data (Statistical Data) to third parties. Such Statistical Data will not be capable of identifying you individually.
We may choose to sell our business. In these types of transactions, personal information is typically one of the business assets transferred to the third party purchaser. You acknowledge and agree that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your personal information as set out in this Policy.
JOINT USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will jointly use your personal information as described below:
- Personal information subject to joint use
— the personal information to be collected as described in clause 4 above.
- Range of joint users
— us and our related companies IMAGR Holdings Limited, IMAGR K.K., IMAGR Limited.
- Joint users’ purposes of use
— achieving the purposes of use described in clause 5.
- Party responsible for managing your personal information
— IMAGR HOLDINGS LIMITED.
We use session-based cookies to collect information relating to usage of the Service and analyse traffic. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored in a browser-related file on your computer or device when you use the Service. The cookies we use do not collect any personally identifiable information.
- You can contact us at any point to request notification of the purposes of use and disclosure of your personal data that we hold.
- If your personal data that we hold is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform and make a request to us that your personal data should be revised, added or deleted.
- If your personal data that we hold is unlawfully processed, you can request that we suspend the use, remove your personal data, or suspend the third-party provision of your personal data that we hold.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF INFORMATION
You should be aware that information transmitted over the internet is not always secure. We will take all reasonable steps to securely store any personal information we collect. This information may (for the avoidance of doubt) be transferred and stored on servers outside of Japan.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is required for any of the purposes described in clause 5 or 6 above.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT PRIVACY